Food and Feed Code
Food and Feed Code
The sampling of bulk material in the field of food and feed must follow strict rules and laws to ensure the safety and quality of the products. In many countries, including Germany, these requirements are set out in various laws and regulations. In the context of Germany, here are some of the relevant laws and regulations that could be included in the Food and Feed Code (LFGB):
- Food and Feed Code (LFGB): The LFGB provides the basis for the regulation of foodstuffs, including bulk goods, in Germany. It lays down general requirements for the safety and quality of food, and also regulates sampling.
- Regulation (EC) No 882/2004: This EU regulation regulates the official control of food and feed. It lays down specific rules for food sampling and analysis to ensure compliance with food legislation.
- Regulation (EU) 2017/625: This Regulation regulates the official control of food and feed in the EU and lays down rules for the planning and conduct of controls, including sampling.
- German Food Code (DLMB): The DLMB contains guidelines and methods for the sampling and analysis of foodstuffs, including bulk materials.
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points): Although this is a concept and not a legal requirement, it can be incorporated into national laws. It requires food producers to identify potential hazards and establish checkpoints, including sampling.
- National feed laws: When it comes to feed, there are also specific national laws and regulations that govern the sampling and quality of feed.
- International standards: Depending on the products exported or imported, international standards and agreements such as Codex Alimentarius may also be relevant.
These laws and regulations specify the procedures, techniques, and protocols for sampling bulk material in food and feed, including requirements for hygiene, staff qualifications, documentation, methods of analysis, and more. Failure to comply with these regulations can lead to legal penalties and often also has an impact on the marketing and reputation of the product. It is therefore crucial that companies involved in bulk sampling fully understand and follow these laws and regulations.