A JetSampler (also known as a pneumatic or jet pump sampler) is a device used in industrial applications to sample bulk materials.
The principle of the JetSampler is based on the use of the Venturi effect or the Bernoulli principle: A high flow of compressed air (the "jet") is passed through a nozzle and thus generates a negative pressure that sucks the material to be sampled into the sampler. After the material has been sucked into the sampler, it can be discharged into a container where it is collected for later analysis.
Some advantages of the JetSampler are:
- Versatility: It can be used with a wide variety of materials, from fine powders to coarse granules.
- Contamination-free: Since the material is sucked directly into the collection container, there is little risk of contamination of the sample.
- Easy Installation: Since the JetSampler has no moving parts, it is easy to install and maintain.
- Low cost: Compared to other sampling systems, the JetSampler is usually more cost-effective.
- Automation: Sampling can be automated and carried out continuously, allowing constant monitoring of bulk material quality.
A JetSampler is therefore an effective tool for bulk material sampling in industrial applications.